Meghan Markle’s alleged screaming tirades debilitated her ex-staffers, a bombshell new book claims.

“There were a lot of broken people,” an insider claimed to author Valentine Low, who wrote “Courtiers: The Hidden Power Behind the Crown.”

“Young women were broken by their behaviour,” the palace source added.

In her tome, Low describes one alleged incident during which Markle, 41, lambasted a young female worker in front of other colleagues.

“Don’t worry. If there was literally anyone else I could ask to do this, I would be asking them instead of you,” Markle purportedly told the staffer, with whom she had been working to execute a plan of sorts.

The cover of "Courtiers: The Hidden Power Behind the Crown" by Valentine Low
Author Valentine Low wrote the new royal tome.

The “Archetypes” podcast host is said to have verbally attacked staffers on numerous occasions. She allegedly became irate with one employee over a mishap involving press at a public engagement.

“She’s not picking up. I feel terrified,” the employee allegedly said after they were unable to reach Markle via phone. “This is so ridiculous. I can’t stop shaking.”

In “Courtiers,” Low claims that one staff member was “completely destroyed” by their experience working for Markle and her husband, Prince Harry.

A former royal aide claimed that the couple — who wed in May 2018 — repeatedly called them while out to dinner on a Friday night, only to berate the staffer.

“Every 10 minutes I had to go outside to be screamed at by her and Harry. It was, ‘I can’t believe you’ve done this. You’ve let me down. What were you thinking?’” they alleged. “It went on for a couple of hours.”

The calls allegedly began again the next morning and ensued “for days.” The ex-employee elaborated, “You could not escape them.”

Meanwhile, private secretary Samantha Cohen was allegedly “screamed at” by Markle and Harry, 38, before and during a flight to Australia for their 2018 tour of the South Pacific.

“Sam always made clear that it was like working for a couple of teenagers. They were impossible and pushed her to the limit. She was miserable,” a friend of Cohen’s claims in the book.

“She was constantly having to battle on Harry and Meghan’s behalf, while taking all this abuse from them.”

As depicted in another excerpt from “Courtiers,” palace press chief Jason Knauf allegedly wrote an email in 2018 to Prince William’s private secretary Simon Case about “very serious problems” with Markle’s behaviour.

Meghan Markle in Auckland
private secretary Samantha Cohen was allegedly “screamed at” by Markle and Harry, 38, before and during a flight to Australia for their 2018 tour of the South Pacific.
LightRocket via Getty Images

“I am very concerned that the duchess was able to bully two PAs out of the household in the past year … The duchess seems intent on always having someone in her sights,” it allegedly read.

When Markle and Harry were reportedly asked to treat staffers with more respect, the “Suits” alum allegedly replied, “It’s not my job to coddle people.”

Harry and Meghan — who infamously quit their royal duties in 2020 — recently faced a series of struggles during their visit to the UK to mourn the Sept 8 death of Queen Elizabeth II.

In addition to icy interactions with William and his wife, Kate Middleton, the pair was invited to — and later uninvited from — a state reception for world leaders and foreign leaders on Sept. 16.

Page Six exclusively reported that they only found out after reading about the “disinvite” in the press.

Harry and Markle faced a series of struggles during their recent visit to the UK to mourn the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
Getty Images

Harry, who served 10 years in the military, was also initially barred from wearing his military uniform to the Queen’s funeral — where he and Meghan kept their distance from William and Kate, both 40.

However, Charles eventually allowed Harry to wear the uniform to the vigil.

Harry was stripped of his military titles when he stepped down as a working member of the royal family.

In his first statement about his grandmother, he said in part, “Granny, while this final parting brings us great sadness, I am forever grateful for all of our first meetings — from my earliest childhood memories with you, to meeting you for the first time as my commander-in-chief, to the first moment you met my darling wife and hugged your beloved great-grandchildren.”

After relieving themselves of any royal obligations, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex — who share 3-year-old son Archie and 1-year-old daughter Lilibet — relocated to Montecito, Calif.

Leave a Reply